DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
maria soldevilla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:56:02 +0200
Dear colleagues.

I am trying to simulate the intercepted PAR (%) with the CERES-wheat model
included in DSSAT. I found two issues which I dont understand, may be some
of you had the same problem and can help me.
One thing is that DSSAT simulates a PAR interception of 1.00 some days of
the period, which is not possible (I think the maximum should be around
0.95). On the other hand, at the end of the period the IPAR drops from 1 to
0 vertically. I guess this is because senescence is considered as a
discrete event instead of as a period of progressive decrease.
I was wondering if the next DSSAT version will include any senescence
routine improving this fact, or if there is anybody working on this which I
could contact.
Thank you very much

Maria