DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Gijsman, Arjan J. (CIAT)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 05:32:46 -0700
Dear Fernando & Kofikuma,

For those who work with nitrogen in the DSSAT model, it would be interesting
to look at an article in the Agron. J. of last May-June (94:462-474). We
describe there a new soil-organic-matter (SOM)/soil-N module, based on the
well-known CENTURY model. Particularly for low-input systems, which get most
of their nutrients from the decomposition of SOM+residues, this new module
is a big improvement. Also see the cover page of this issue of Agron. J.,
which refers to this article.

In the article it is described as applying only to the CROPGRO submodel of
DSSAT, but by now it has been linked to CERES also and we are working on
rice too. This new module will be part of the next DSSAT version (DSSAT4.0),
which is to be released in a few months' time.

Anyone who would like a PDF of this article can send me an email.

Arjan Gijsman
Univ. Florida / Centro Internacional de Agicultura Tropical (CIAT), Colombia