Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 17:51:06 EST
Hi Conch-Lers,

It looks as though that Philippine shells are going to become even more
"elusive" (to quote Linda) than they already are!!  Last night I received an
E-Mail from my wandering husband who is now in the Philipppines. (no--it's
not a shelling trip!!) Yesterday he called on a customer, returning through
the General Davio Airport.  Officials there checked every piece of luggage
and carry ons for drugs and shells.  He reported seeing a big display of
shells right at the security point, with a large sign notifying passengers
that it was a violation of the law to remove any shell from the island!  He
was through this same airport last year and he said his bag was not searched
then; also he did not recall seeing the sign.  I guess it is indeed a good
thing he wasn't there on a shelling trip!!!!!!  It sounds as though everyone
needs to hang on to the Philippine shells they now have in their collections!!

Carolyn Petrikin
Clearwater, FL (chilly, but NO SNOW!)