From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 13:15:08 -0500
I just noticed that the Bursa bufonia Gmelin I bought in 1969 has an
operculum, is deemed rare in Compendium and only cost me 35 cents. (I
believe it's a genuine Bursa operc).

Makes me think certain books are generous with the "rare" designation. Also
brings to mind that there's probably an inflationary trend in the trade.

In addition, the popularity game does incredible things with "value" here
as elsewhere.

Now where's my daughter's first Beanie Baby?...got to check if we snipped
off its tag. Might have ruined the chances for us to finance her first
year's college tuition.

David Kirsh
Durham, NC