From:
Frank Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:12:17 EDT
The most costly experience for me, was when I was shelling on Okinawa in the
late 70's. We had gone to Bolo flats an area we had shelled many times
before. We had found a secret little spot where we were finding Cypraea
luchuana. This was at a time when there were not many, if any, being found at
all.

After an enjoyable day (any day spent shelling is an enjoyable day) of
shelling we returned to the car to find the windows on the left side had all
been smashed. It cost over $200 to replace all the glass and I won't even go
into the time, trouble and confusion trying to report this to the Japanese
police. They kept trying to talk with my wife, who is Vietnamese, and of
course she didn't understand a word they were saying. It was hot, hot, hot,
and the kids we all upset. Don't even remember if we found many shells that
day. From that day on, I never locked my doors again and I never had any more
glass broken. I figured if they want to get in and look around, let them as
long as they don't break the glass.

There are a few other's but that is the one that sticks in my mind.

Frank Walker

Gems From The Sea
Visit Our WEB SITE: www.shellgems.com
New Shells Arrive Every Week - [log in to unmask]
New posting every week under BULLETIN Board
This WEEK: LAND SNAILS!!!
Shell Trips - Herbal Therapy - Aroma Therapy
    BUY - SELL - TRADE - CONSIGNMENT
"Quality Specimen Shells For Every Collector"
(508) 481-7491; Fax: (508) 624-9778; out-of- state 1-800-497-3601
<A HREF="http://www.shellgems.com/"> Welcome to Shell Gems: buy and sell
shells from around the world</A>