From:
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 16:07:57 -0600
Ellen,

The film on the glossy surface is usually under the surface of the shell and
does not come off.  If you have soaked it in bleach long enough for the
encrustations to pop off, and the haze or film is still there, I would guess
it isn't coming off.  I would go ahead and try a good wash with soap and
water and then some mineral oil to see what happens.  Can't hurt...

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA