From:
Bobbi Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 11:35:49 -0400
*******Breaking News*******

The guest speaker for the 2001 Shell Odyssey Convention banquet will be:

    S. Peter Dance from London
        This is a return engagement for him.  He spoke at the convention
we hosted exactly 10 years ago.  So we are really excited.
        He is formerly with the British Museum, the Manchester Museum
and the National Museum of Wales.
    His books include "Shell Collecting: An Illustrated History:
    "The collector's Encyclopedia of Shells and the Art of Natural
History"
   "Compendium of Seashells"  co-author with Dr. R. Tucker Abbott

I understand he is also working on a new book!

Plans are really getting "hot and heavy".    There will be a
single-specimen mini shell show with LOTS of interesting categories.

We are taking donations of shells and shell-related items for the oral
auction, silent auction, and raffle items:

Oral Auction send to:  John Baker, 8745 So. Tropical Trail, Merritt
Island, FL 32952

Silent Auction send to:  Jim Cordy, 385 Needle Blvd., Merritt Island FL
32953

Raffle: Send information to Bobbi Cordy before sending item.

I'll keep you posted and updated on all the exciting events.  The theme
will be "Caribbean"  in decor, food, dress, & entertainment!

You won't want to miss it.

Shellingly,

Bobbi

--
Jim and Bobbi Cordy
Specializing in Self Collected Caribbean Species

2001 SHELL ODYSSEY
July 7-11
Port Canaveral, FL