From:
Stephanie Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 16:50:30 +1100
Scott

The first one is probably Cepolis varians (Menke, 1829)
The 2nd note sure as picture did not show any bigger than little possibly
Bradybaena?
The 3rd one is probably Cerion gubernatorium (Crosse, 1869)

Anyway I will stand corrected if wrong but thought I give it ago as they
seemed quite easy. and besides it was a quick distraction from PhD work.

Stephanie

At 10:41 PM 26/11/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Scott - check with Alan Gettleman - He is a land snailer and has been to
>Eleuthera!

>Scott Schubbe wrote:
>
> > Hello to all,
> >
> > I collected a few land shells during my visit to Eleuthera in
> September, and
> > I'm not sure exactly what I have. Since my main interest is marine, I
> have no
> > literature to help me ID these neat little guys. Please see them in the
> > "Eleuthera landshells" album at:
> >
> > http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=525417
> >
> > All three were collected 9/26/2000, at Governors Harbor, Eleuthera,
> Bahamas,
> > live in small trees.
> >
> > I have also added a few more shells to the "Eleuthera Shells' album, as
> well
> > as a couple things to the "Starfish and Sanddollars" album.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Scott
> > Florida
>
>--
>Jim and Bobbi Cordy
>Specializing in Self Collected Caribbean Species
>Merritt Island Florida
>
>2001 SHELL ODYSSEY
>July 7-11
>Port Canaveral, FL

Stephanie A. Clark

Invertebrate Identification
Unit 4/17 Morris Street
PO Box 418
Summer Hill, NSW 2130
Australia

phone  61 (02) 9799 5689  fax  61 (02) 9799 5610  mobile  0412 372388
email [log in to unmask]