From:
"Emilio J. Power" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 01:59:13 -0500
Hello!

Hi,

I have never heard the term poison bush here in Florida. We do have
Poisonwood [Metopium toxiferum, hope I spelled it correctly]. It Grows
in the Southern Everglades and the Keys. Vicious stuff. Manchineel has pretty
well been eradicated except for maybe a couple of trees in the Everglades.
All of these grow in the Caribbean/Bahamas islands, as well as some other
nasties. The Manchineel is pretty potent, known a Guao in Cuba. It is so
vicious that if you stand in the shade you will be affected [I suppose it
depends on individuals sensitivity]. Liguus love to use Poisonwood as their
host tree, specially in the lower Keys.

Later,

Emilio Jorge Power