From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 19:44:19 +0200
Dear John, Dear Henk

I agree with Henk Mienis, but I have to correct the
name as Melanoides is masculinum. So the shell is
not called Melanoides tuberculata as in former times,
but the ending should be tuberculatus
Melanoides tuberculatus.
Sorry for the moment I have not available the author
as I keep not in mind and all the informations I
have not here.
with best shelling greetings
Helmut from Innsbruck

--- Henk and Zvia Mienis <[log in to unmask]>
schrieb: > It is an introduced species: Melanoides
tuberculata.

http://petrelnet.oglethorpe.edu/division3/Faculty/jcramer/jcramer.htm

> > I found the auger-like stuff at Lake Cunningham,
> New Providence Isl. near
> > Nassau.  Paul Mikkelsen and Harry Lee both guessed
> Cerithidea
> scalariformis
> > from my description a few weeks back but they're
> nothing like my
> > scalariformis.  I believe the lake is freshwater -
> didn't sample it.
> > The small shells are land snails from bushes
> around our resort at South
> > Ocean Beach on New Providence Isl.

=====
Helmut Nisters