From:
"Allen A. Aigen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 20:37:23 -0700
  Triplofusus gigantea is not uncommon as a fossil in southern Florida in
the early Pleistocene Caloosahatchee Fauna and locally common in the
middle Pleistocene Bermont and late Pleistocene Ft. Thompson Faunas.  I
have found Turbinella angulata (rare) in the Bermont and Fort Thompson
Faunas.
   Another Yucatan connection to southern Florida is Melongena bispinosa
(Phillipi,1844), which I have found in the Bermont.
Allen Aigen