From:
Alan Gettleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 18:02:15 -0400
Hi, all from the east coast of Florida which is getting international press
as the sharks are feeding on our surfers.
An interesting topic on the Scaphander, as I have wondered the same thing
about those plates.  Do other shells "boa constrictor" their prey like
that?  Are there any readily available scientific papers on this
phenomenon?
Alan Gettleman
Merritt Island, FL

See you at COA-Sarasota July 2002, if not sooner!