From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 13:40:15 +0200
Hi Ross,

yes also a single specimen which is described is
valid. Its then a holotype and paratypes are missing.
It is long as valid, if it turns out to be a synonym.
I think (but I don't remember me)that there are such
shells described in this way.
Helmut

--- Ross Mayhew <[log in to unmask]> schrieb: >
Thanks Karen, and Jordan and others - i have enough
> warm fuzzies to last
> for a while now.....[insert cute emoticon here].
>
> On a topic more folks should know about, are species
> which have been
> described from just one specimen still considered
> valid?  Can someone in
> theory still do the singe-specimen species and have
> it widely accepted,
> or is there a rule against this practice now?
>
> -Ross.

=====
Helmut Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46