From:
Bobbi Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:58:50 -0500
A shell collection of high quality.....would definitely be one of many various
species and good quality specimens.   Not necessarily rare!  A collection that
is cataloged and constantly tended to and housed in an organzed way.
I would say the majority of collectors begin by wanting and collecting
everything. But it soon becomes evident that that goal is almost impossible.
So they soon settle down to one or two families that they enjoy the most.

It is nice to have your collection available so others can enjoy it also.   We
have visitors in our shell room constantly....from small children to senior
citizens.

Our collection is mostly self collected and that makes it very special to us.
Because each shell reminds us of a certain beach or place that we have been.
We have built our collection strictly by self collecting or trading with others
around the world.    We decided a long time ago not to purchase any shells.  So
I think that makes our collection more unique.   Instead we spend our $$$ going
on trips to collect.

There are many places we would still like to go to collect.....but as we age,
we wonder if we will ever make it!

Jim & Bobbi Cordy

--
Jim and Bobbi Cordy
Specializing in Self Collected Caribbean Species

SPACE COAST SHELL FESTIVAL
"King Neptunes Shell Palace"
January 18-20,2002