From:
Richard J Rego <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 08:32:46 -0500
Hello All,

        I must agree, I myself am a data-freak.  I prefer to have a
specific location along with the data, for example:
"USA, Florida, Monroe Co., Key West, Rest Beach (Atlantic Blvd)."
        I also like habitat data as well, this information is valuable,
again for example:
"collected on coral rubble in water 3' deep, water temp 79oF, bright sun"
        Another thing I notice in regards to data is the lack of a
collectors name.  Some dealers DO provide the collectors name along with
pretty good data.  But to me, basic data just dosen't cut it.  I have no
problem returning shells without data...if I want shells without data,
I'll go to the craft store :-)
        My two-cents on the subject.

Rick