From:
Allen Aigen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 15:33:03 GMT
In Japan where walls were literally made of single sheets of paper, the custom was to 'not hear' the conversations on the other side.  I suppose there were voyuers who ignored the rule, but they would not dare tell others about what they heard.  With e-mail, one can hit the delete button as soon as it is clear that the message was not intended for them, or, if it is too interesting, at least keep it to themselves.  If you feel that letting the conversants know that they have been overheard is, for some reason, important, do it discretely, instead of compounding the faux pas.
Allen Aigen

I'm getting Lynn's and Tom's email, should be private but it is interesting.

Jordan Star

Allen Aigen