From:
Paul Callomon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:05:52 -0500
Hi Marcus and other Conch-L-ers

Be aware that many mail servers with automatic spam filters will block many or all incoming messages from Hotmail and other free mail services. This is due to their (well-earned) reputation as spam farms. Hotmail is particularly notorious, as anyone can sign up and fire off a huge spam mailing and then disappear again.
As elsewhere in the digital world, you get what you pay for.
Regards,

PC.

Paul Callomon
Collections Manager
Malacology, Invertebrate Paleontology and General Invertebrates
Department of Malacology
Academy of Natural Sciences
1900 Parkway, Philadelphia PA 19103-1195, USA
Tel 215-405-5096
Fax 215-299-1170
Secretary, American Malacological Society
On the web at http://erato.acnatsci.org/ams/

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/01/05 09:44AM >>>
I had several messages blocked again in the past weeks. I changed the
settings on my hotmail to plain text and not html to see if it could help
but many of my replies were not accepted. Nor I have received a messages
telling me Conch-L has rejected my message. I will not give up but I must
admit this is very frustrating mainly after writing a long message (and I
don't keep sent messages on Hotmail).

I wonder if we are doing something wrong here. Should we delete all original
messages before to reply them? Is hotmail bad to receive these messages?

Marcus

Marcus Coltro
www.FEMORALE.COM

Chegou o que faltava: MSN Acesso Grátis. Instale Já!
http://www.msn.com.br/discador