From:
Paul Monfils <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 15:47:45 -0400
Okay - Mark got the ball rolling, and Sher gave it an additional push,
so I'll add my two cents worth.  As an importer/dealer in shells, I
inevitably and repeatedly end up with an accumulation of specimens
which don't measure up to my personal standards of quality.  All this
material goes into my "seconds bin", and from that source I
occasionally make up bags which I send to school projects, scout
camps, and other groups that use them for educational purposes.  The
response to Mark's offer indicates that Conch-L members are involved
in a number of educational projects with young people, so I'd like to
offer some of this material to folks who can use it.  Most of the
shells are not gem quality, but they are not junk either, and there
is usually a pretty good variety of worldwide species.  They are bulk
packed - no identification, no data.  If your group/school/club could
use some of this material, let me know and I'll send you a box.
Individual young and/or beginning collectors who are interested are
also welcome.  I would discourage the more experienced collectors,
simply because you would probably find little of interest in the
assortment, and most of it would just end up in your seconds box.
Also, I'd ask that those folks to whom I have already sent such a
shipment not request another.
WAIT!  DON'T REACH FOR THAT "REPLY" BUTTON!!
PLEASE RESPOND TO ME DIRECTLY, RATHER THAN THROUGH CONCH-L, so we
don't clutter up 300 people's e-mail with private correspondence!  My
e-mail adresses are:
- or -
Feel free to use either one.
Regards,