From:
"M. J. Faber" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:32:40 +0200
Dear Alain-Pierre,

Indo-Pacific shells are traded in Fort-de-France probably because not too
many Caribbean shells appeal to the tourists. In 1996, on the local flea
market, I bought a nice Perotrochus westralis for 100 francs (approx. Euro
15 Euro). Without locality data, of course. Caribbean shells sold there only
included Cittarium pica, Strombus pugilis, S. costatus, S. gigas (mainly
with a light bulb inside), Tellina radiata, and perhaps a few others. I saw
plenty of shells from the Indo-Pacific (Cypraea moneta, C. annulus, various
big cones, etc.).

Marien
www.mollus.nl