From:
Bobbi Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 19:46:27 -0400
Dan Yoshimoto wrote:

> >Dear Members of Conch-L:  First let me explain. This morning I wrote an
> >email to Conch-L, & I included myself in the recipients so I will know it
> >went through.  This is what I wrote.
> >
> >"At COA Linda Brunner had a computer-printed page of shell drawings that
> >were really nice.  Unfortunately, Linda said the program was for Macintosh.
> > If any of you know of a similar program that you would recommend that is
> >IBM compatible, would you please tell me.
> >
> >"For those of you that missed the Convention in Orlando, you missed a good
> >one (Linda K. and her helpers did a wonderful job)!  Better start planning
> >right now to attend the one next year in Louisville.  I don't see how it
> >could be any better, but for one who has so many Shell Show Trophies it
> >just might be possible.  Maybe he could makes a display of his awards, if
> >he has a table big enough."
> >
> >I never got a copy sent back to me, but usually when that happens there is
> >a message telling me it didn't go through.  There was nothing like that
> >either.  So I wrote the following test message.
> >
> >"Sorry to bother you, but this is a test message.  Want to see if it goes
> >through, my last one apparently went nowhere."
> >
> >A copy of that was sent to me so everything was OK, but I still can't
> >figure out what happened to the first one.  Then I get this answer from
> >Paul. Now I have always considered Paul one of the most intelligent, able
> >to express himself so well, computer-literate member of Conch-L.  And look
> >what he writes.
> >
> >"Came to Rhode Island okay Betty Jean!
> >Regards,
> >Paul M."
> >
> >Now I assume he misspelled Come on purpose to make me feel better about all
> >my typing errors, which was very kind of him.  But he still didn't say if
> >he got the 1st message or was just responding to the 2nd, & who is to come
> >to Rhode Island, do you think he means me, or maybe he wants the 2001 COA
> >Convention be in Rhode Island?
> >
> >Then Bobbi Cordy was also nice enough to respond.
> >
> >"It came through - loud and clear!
> >How is the animal holding out??
> >Bobbi "
> >
> >But what came through loud and clear, one email or two?  I am still waiting
> >for someone to tell me of a good program for printing drawings of shells.
> >If you are wondering what animal Bobby is referring to, she made a nice
> >body for my 8" Charoniavariegata for me & then the postal service messed it
> >up.  So I took it to Orlando & she helped me patch it.  Thank you, Bobbi.
> >When and if I ever learn how to send pictures, I'll take one of my Triton
> >and send you each an email.
> >
> >Now I have written too much.  I sincerely hope that those of you that are
> >not interested in such trivia, deleted this message after the first few
> >words.  But if you know of a good program for shell pictures, tell me.
> >
> >Betty Jean, The Tall One (P.S. Belated Happy Birthday, Travis)
> >
> >Betty Jean Piech
> [...]

Dan I used a program done by Peggy Williams for years on two disks for
MAC.

However, I don't have a MAC anymore so cannot use it.

I bought Broderbund ClickART 125,000 and it has marvelous shell pictures
and photos in it.  It ran about $39 at Office Depot.

I use the pictures on my newsletter and some on the junior newsletter.
Some of the pictures are great to use for coloring.

I have even used some of the pictures for shell show exhibits.

To contact Linda Brunner: [log in to unmask]

Bobbi
--
Jim & Bobbi Cordy
Specializing in Self-Collected