From:
Alfonso Pina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 01:07:41 +0200
Hello,

I had a look to your grading system, and I agree it is much more accurated
and useful than the commonly used nowadays. I agree also that it will
probably not go further than it is now: tradition is a strong barrier and
changing things uses to be hard, but who knows?... I will feel very pleased
if it finally become a standard.

Only I miss a special category to put shells with special features
(rostrated, melanistic, freaks...) interesting for many collectors. To
consider this features as simply faults (though they really are) looks less
informative to me, despite if you search such information of course you
finally find it with your system. But have in mind that because of its
intrinsec value, this features are susceptible also to be graded themselves.

Anyway, a work to be proud of.
Best regards,

Alfonso Pina
Málaga, Spain