From:
"Harry G. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Dec 2005 13:43:50 -0500
Dear Bernd,

Thanks for this straightforward approach to this problem. I have (once
again, having forgotten that I had in the past) bookmarked this valuable
site.  I notice that, of the 28 works by the Master, 17 are attributed to
Linnaeus and 11 to Linné.  Mirabile dictu: the first group runs from 1737
to 1761 and the second 1763 to 1789!

Dick, It seems there are two classes of bibliophiles at work here!

Bernd, I think you meant 1767, not "1757" below.

Harry

At 11:24 AM 12/31/2005, you wrote:
>Dear Harry,
>
>to make the matter more complex the title page of Linné 1757 shows  the name
>in its latin version as "Caroli a Linné".
>You may retrieve the scans of all pages of most of the Linné works at the
>famous site of "AnimalBase" of the library of Goettingen. It will give
>access to works before 1800 in which new taxa are described. The link to
>Linné is:
>http://dz-srv1.sub.uni-goettingen.de/sub/digbib/loader?ht=VIEW&did=D215231
>A search function at:
>http://www.animalbase.uni-goettingen.de/zooweb/servlet/AnimalBase/search
>leeds to all other already digitized works, eg. Rumphius, Aldrovandi.
>
>The AnimalBase is a great site on rare old conchological literature as the
>Goettingen library has the biggest inventory on old literure in Germany. The
>project leader of the AnimalBase, Francisco Welter-Schultes, is a
>malacologist.
>
>Best regards
>
>Bernd Sahlmann

Harry G. Lee, M.D.