From:
"Harry G. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:34:27 -0400
Henk and Harry B.,

I see no mention of either of these taxa in:

Higo, Callomon, and Goto, 1999.  Catalogue and bibliography of the
marine shell-bearing mollusca of Japan Gastropoda - Bivalvia -
Polyplacophora - Scaphopoda. Elle Publications, Osaka. pp. 1-749.

Higo, Callomon, and Goto, 2001.  Catalogue and bibliography of the
marine shell-bearing mollusca of Japan Gastropoda - Bivalvia -
Polyplacophora - Scaphopoda. Type figures Elle Publications, Osaka.
pp. 1-208, incl. numerous color figures.

Okutani, T. (editor), 2000.  Marine Shells in Japan. Tokai Univ.
Press, Tokyo. xlvii + pp. 1-1173 + ii, incl color 542 pls., + several
color vignettes in forepp.

What gives?

Harry

At 03:36 PM 4/18/2006, you wrote:
>Harry,
>
>Both Buccinum trescostatum Tiba, 1980 and  B. tricostatum Tiba, 1980
>do exist off Japan.
>Henk K. Mienis

Harry G. Lee, M. D.
4132 Ortega Forest Dr.