From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:26:56 -0400
I was going to say--maybe some creative non-violent action. A squad of shell enthusiasts, divers, researchers, and other concerned citizens doing civil disobedience in front of the offending plant and the eye-averted politicians' offices. Perhaps a congratulatory delivery of a truckload of contaminated effluent to the doorstep of one of the prime culprits. Of course, it takes some careful preparatory work, such as arranging to have TV cameras and other press outlets notified ahead of time and briefed on the issue; such as developing catchy slogans, witty street theater with costumes; such as enlisting the aid of a celebrity (maybe).

And we've got our secret olfactory weapon: eau de dead snail livers. That'll do it every time. Don't want to allow proliferation of those, do we?

David Kirsh

"I had learned that those who are lying or trying to cover
 up something generally make a common mistake - they tend to
 overact, to overstate their case." - Richard Milhous Nixon