From:
Kris Kingston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 14:28:42 EDT
Hello
I am honeymooning on a houseboat in Sanibel/Captiva mid November for two
weeks!  Im very excited because I love beachcombing and hope to find some cool
shells.  I want to learn about shelling before I go.

I bought two books to bring on my trip, "The Larousse Guide to Shells of the
World" and "Simon and Schuesters Guide to Shells"

I serached the internet for info but all's I come up with is shelling charter
information which I dont need because we have a boat and a map.   I have some
specific questions for people that have first hand knowledge of the
Sanibel/Captiva/Pine Island area... (I raise my right hand and promise not to
be greedy or inconsiderate while shelling!)

1)  Where are the best, (beautiful location, plenty of shells, very few
people)  places to collect shells around
     there?  We have a boat and canoe so can go anywhere in the
Sanibel/Captiva/Pine Island area.

2)  Where do the shelling charters take people and why?

3)  From the honeymoon on the houseboat aspect, (not neccisarily shelling)
where are some PRIVATE,
    quiet,beautiful places accessable by houseboat OR canoe?

4)  Last but not least:  What are the shells to be found in that area that are
considered "rare"?

Thanks in adavance!