From:
Devin Buick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:29:11 -0400
Hello all,
I知 new to the list serve. My name is Devin Buick and I知 currently a grad
student in paleontology at the University of Cincinnati. My particular
research focus is on an obscure group of bivalves called the cucullaeids,
being mainly composed of the genus Cucullaea [family: Cucullaeidae]. I知
interested in how their morphology changes through time as the group
populates new regions and encounters different environmental conditions.
Where I知 hoping some of you may help me is with regard to the sole-
surviving species C. labiata, which lives throughout the Indo-Pacific
region from the east African coast to the east Australian coast to
southern Japan. This extant species (sometimes classified under various
other species names: C. vaga, concermerata, petita & granulosa) is quite
widespread and shows quite a range of morphological variation. It is this
morphological variation that I知 currently exploring and hoping that some
of you may help me with. Does anyone out there have specimens of this
species that I could borrow in order to examine and photograph? If so, or
if you know of someone who might have specimens, I壇 really appreciate if
you壇 let me know by sending me an email   ( [log in to unmask] ). I致e
already visited multiple museums to photograph their specimens and I知
hoping that a few private collectors would have some available. Thanks for
your time and assistance.

Devin