From:
ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 15:03:28 -0800
aw the thirty thousand dollar question....

my name is mark james bethke, i live in hollywood florida with my wife
peta. i collect conus world wide and tibias but i've got that family tied
up . my wife collects murex's and oliva
we both trade shells internationallly and have a very extensive group of
friends.
as you most likely found out through the e-mail that was flying about.
i have been collecting shells for only 3 years but have been interested in
marine biology most of my life. when i get involved in something i do my
best to amass the greatest amount information i can.
both my wife and i are very active members in the greater miami shell club
and are members in the COA. as you can tell i'm not that type of member
that sits on his hands and let problems fester.
i believe in the hobby of shell collecting and would like to see it grow
even though collecting of anything in nature is considered politically
incorrect.
one of my main goals in collecting is to bring together all of these shell
clubs into a group that is structured more like the scouts for example
where instead of 20 independant groups with no real tie there would be 20
seperate "chapters" with a main governing body this would do away with alot
problems the clubs have with each other..
anyway i am currently the publisher and editor incharge of "the mollusk"
i don't know if you are aware of our newsletter but when i took it over the
publication was in need of someone who gave a damn. it had dwindled to a
meer 4pages of large type and had no real content.
well is this more then you reallly wanted to know about us?? did you figure
out who were refering to the other day?? did you know that whole thing the
other night circled the globe and by the next day the person causing us all
the grief was getting flak in a major way...
tell me what you think....mark[ferreter]