From:
Anna Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2007 18:00:50 +0100
Hi Tom

Many thanks for your quick and informative reply. I have plenty of practical
experience with these cute little critters, but keep coming up against a
brick wall when I try to find anything else out about them. Some suppliers
to the aquarium trade claim to captive-breed these snails, but they
steadfastly refuse to give any details. I have long suspected that even the
species names they provide us with are not correct. All I have been able to
do is extrapolate from scientific papers in my university's library about
related species, which is how I guessed that they probably produce veligers
which grow up in the ocean. But because T. fluviatilis is a nerite and
doesn't do this, I didn't feel able to be sure (because T. fluviatilis is
native here in England, I do have access to accurate info about this
species, at least).

Your email has answered many of my questions at one stroke! I'd very much
appreciate you forwarding me any pics you might have. My email is:
Assuming you're right about the species I have, do you know where in the
world they come from? I guessed Indo-Pacific?

Kind regards,
Anna