From:
Leslie Allen Crnkovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2007 21:29:00 -0500
Art, according to the reports, Humans and Neanderthals became divergent at least some 500,000 to 750,000 years ago.  Neanderthal appear to be a species restricted primarily to Europe.  Archeologist and anthropologist believe that they were lacking in tools and speech.  What tools they posed appear to be taken from humans, sites lacking in evidence that they actually used the tools.  Whether they were having "relations" is speculative.  What does appear to be from the DNA evidence is they were not having offspring.

Change is constant, and the further we get away from the last ice age the warmer it will get too... regardless of the Homo sapiens (we just know how to speed it along).  ... and someday perhaps if you can get hogs to eat enough birds... perhaps pigs could fly.

Les
PS - I heard the entire Ohio State Team bought tickets to watch the Rose Bowl!  So yes they are going...