From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:05:17 +1300
>Hi, Everyone!
>
>I would like to also, along with John, recommend the Blue Planet
>DVD's.   The part on the ocean deep is absolutely mind blowing -
>bioluminescent creatures and life I had never even dreamed of (and I
>have some pretty wild dreams about shells).
>
>I bought the set from Amazon.com for myself for Christmas, and it is
>wonderful!
>I had seen parts of it on the Discovery channel.
>
>Happy Gregorian New Year a day late,
>Linda

A really nice (and inexpensive) softcover book on deepsea life is
Pater Batson's "Deep New Zealand". Peter is an expert photographer of
marine organisms and took most of the images himself, has been down
to the midocean rifts in the "Alvin" (I have a crushed styrofoam
"Alvin" cup from him) and is at present hanging around the Axial
Volcano off Cascadia... the illustrated shells are almost all from my
collection.

I just wish I could find my special hardcover copy...
--
Andrew Grebneff
Dunedin