From:
"Harry G. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2008 18:49:37 -0500
Dear David,

The determination as to whether there was an
invalid emendation in this chresonymy hinges on
the Cossmann (1909: vol. 8), in which one would
expect to find the rationale for his nomen novum,
Pleuroceras, which is a junior homonym regardless of his intent.

Harry

Cossmann, 1895-1925. Essais de Paléontologie
comparée. Paris. 13 volumes Paris. [not seen; taken from Wenz, loc. cit.]