Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:58:11 -0500
Hi,

I am planning a trip to Chile primarily to visit archaeological sites in
Easter Island and would like to take advantage of being in Chile to do a
little shelling on the side. Anyone have tips of where to go in mainland
Chile or on Easter Island itself?

I am primarily interested in intertidal collecting or snorkelling in calm
waters. On the mainland, I was thinking of going in particular to Iquique.

Last year's trip to Tonga was enjoyable if not filled with many days of
shelling. Thanks to everyone who responded with information about shelling
in Vava'u. If anyone is planning to go there, I will be happy to share
where I went. They are beautiful islands. Be careful shelling on Sunday
though!

Greetings from Berkeley!
Alex