From:
Michael Hollmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2008 02:02:44 +0200
Dear fellow Conchlers,

to all of you with a soft spot for the Naticidae, we just published a paper
on the Naticidae of Giglio Island, Italy, in the journal "Zootaxa". The
paper is freely available via "open access" at the following url:
http://www.mapress.com/zootaxa/2008/f/z01770p040f.pdf.

The complete title of the paper is:
"The Naticidae (Mollusca: Gastropoda) of Giglio Island (Tuscany, Italy):
Shell characters, live animals, and a molecular analysis of egg masses", by
THOMAS HUELSKEN, CARINA MAREK, STEFAN SCHREIBER, IRIS SCHMIDT & MICHAEL
HOLLMANN
Zootaxa 1770: 1­40 (2008)

In this paper we present an analysis of the Naticidae found on Giglio
Island, with descriptions, synonymy, color photos of shells and live
animals, and molecular data. We also clarify the taxonomic status of
Tectonatica sagraiana (d'Orbigny, 1842), which was erroneously described as
a Caribbean species from Cuba but which actually represents the well-known
Mediterranean species Tectonatica filosa (Philippi, 1845), a name that now
falls into synonymy.

Best regards,

Michael

      Michael Hollmann