Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:56:13 -0500
It really doesn't matter with a digital camera. Most (all?) allow you to
adjust for color balance. I place a white piece of paper down, turn on the
lights and the camera reads the white and adjust for the lighting. I
remove the paper, put down whatever I am photographing, and the color
comes out correct.

Much easier than when I use to do film photography and had to remember
which filter to use on my lens.

> Hello All, Marcus
> Florescent lights come in two color types, cool white and day light.   I
> do
> not know which one is best for shell color but in film  photography, a day
> light Florescent tube causes a reddish cast on the  image and a filter in
> needed
> for correct color.  A cool white florescent  tube will render the colors
> accurate.  Some people will have a point and  shoot film camera and you do
> not want
> a reddish color on the shells.  I do  not know if the florescent tubes can
> be
> changed.  I do not know about  digital cameras, maybe someone on the list
> can
> help with digital cameras.
>
> Jordan Star
>
> **************Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news &
> more!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/aol?redir=htt
> p://toolbar.aol.com/moviefone/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000001)

Regards,
Charlie
Charlie Sturm
Research Associate - Section of Mollusks
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Assistant Professor - Family Medicine
Fellow-American Academy of Family Practice
Fellow-Academy of Wilderness Medicine