Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2009 21:52:55 -0500
Back in 2002, I offered a manuscript of a paper by Juan Jose Parodiz.
Attached to the manuscript was an editorial note:
……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

EDITORIAL NOTE

In 1976, Juan Jose Parodiz, then Curator of Invertebrate Zoology, spent
three weeks collecting marine mollusks from sites on the Yucatan
Peninsula. Parodiz described the collection in a paper entitled MARINE
MOLLUSCA COLLECTED IN YUCATAN. According to Parodiz (personal
communication), this paper was submitted to the Pittsburgh Shell Club for
publication in The Pittsburgh Shell Club Bulletin, Vol 13, 1978.

A search was made to find a published version of this paper and it
failed…this paper is believed to be an unpublished manuscript…
…………………………………………………………………………………………………

This e-mail is an announcement that the editorial note is in error. A copy
of the Pittsburgh Shell Club Bulletin (PSCB) mentioning this paper has
surfaced.

In PSCB 14 (1979) on page 19 is written “He has made available copies of
his findings to the club and we take great pride and delight in including
them in this year’s bulletin.” As such, this paper should be considered a
supplement to the PSCB 1979 and as such it was published.

I would appreciate it if folks, who received from me, a copy of this
paper, either destroy the attached editorial note or note the correct
publication citation.

JJ Parodiz. 1979. Marine Mollusca Collected in Yucatan. Pittsburgh Shell
Club Bulletin 14(Supplement): 3-20.

Thanks.

Regards,
Charlie
Charlie Sturm
Research Associate - Section of Mollusks
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Assistant Professor - Family Medicine
Fellow-American Academy of Family Practice
Fellow-Academy of Wilderness Medicine