From:
Kay Lavalier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 2009 20:27:48 -0400
Thank You, Ümit.

I believe this is the same animal,
although the foot was more pale than the
specimen from the Jax Shell Club website.

I would have euthanised it had I known
it was an exotic. Unfortunately, it escaped
into my yard (amazing how fast these slow
creatures can disappear). I should have
deducted that, Florida being ground zero of
foreign species introduction into the SE US.
Not too long ago, I found a nest of Brahminy
Blind Snakes on the west side of the house
(which I also let escape, because it took me
a couple of days to identify). I have a short
video of one if anybody would like to see.

Where is Angustipes ameghini originaly from?

Yours,

Andrew Vik