From:
Andre Poremski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 2009 09:41:44 -0500
Just returned from the Turks & Caicos where the reefs were literally
"infested" with these invasive Lion Fish.  The local divers say
nothing will eat them and they reproduce at a very young age.  The
reef sharks won't eat them even with their spines cut off. Don't think
the turtles eat them either.  So, we saw them reach extraordinary
sizes. I can only imagine the damage these guys are doing to this
ecosystem of the Bahamian platform.  They're edible to us at least,
time for some Lion Fish ceviche!

~Andre Poremski