Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 2009 14:09:12 -0400
I am poting this for Tim Pearce at the carnegie Museum

OVUM Third Annual Meeting, 14 Nov. 2009

The third annual meeting of OVUM, the Ohio (River) Valley Unified
Malacologists meeting, will be held on Saturday 14 November 2009 9:30 am
to 5 pm at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History, 4400 Forbes Ave.,
Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA.

The meeting is open to professionals, amateurs, and students; basically
anyone who has an interest in mollusks. OVUM has no dues, officers,
abstracts, or publications. Even busy people can spend a day networking
and talking about mollusks.

This one-day meeting will run from (9:30) 10 am until the last
presentation (to end by 5 pm at the latest). Light refreshments such as
fruit, bagels, coffee, tea, and water will be available from 9:30-10:00
am. The meeting will be held in Multipurpose Classroom B. Participants
should sign in at the Security Office at the Portal Entrance (off the
Parking Lot), then follow signs a short distance to the meeting room.

Please limit presentations to 15 minutes. A digital projector computer
capable of running Windows and PowerPoint 2003 will be available. We have
wall space for poster presentations. Contact me ahead of time regarding
other media needs. Any participant may make a presentation. Presentations
can range from informal to polished talks and can cover any topic relating
to mollusks. Current research, recent collecting trips, ideas for future
projects, or interesting specimens are all likely topics for a
presentation. You may notify us ahead of time or on the day of the meeting
if you would like present something.

Around noon, we will break for lunch. Numerous restaurants are within
walking distance of the Museum or within the Museum.

The collection and library of the Section of Mollusks will be available
after the presentations are concluded. If something in particular
interests you in the collection or library, consider contacting Tim Pearce
([log in to unmask]; phone 412-622-1916) in advance so we can have it
ready.

OVUM follows in the fine tradition of similar US regional meetings
including Bay Area Malacologists (BAM), Southern California Unified
Malacologists (SCUM), Mid-Atlantic Malacologists (MAM), and Florida
Unified Malacologists (FUM).

We look forward to seeing you in Pittsburgh in November!

Regards,

Timothy A. Pearce
412-622-1916

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Regards,
Charlie
Charlie Sturm
Research Associate - Section of Mollusks
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Assistant Professor - Family Medicine
Fellow-American Academy of Family Practice
Fellow-Academy of Wilderness Medicine