From:
worldwide <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:37:25 -0500
Back when I was still living in New York City in the 1980's I was
involved with shooting a television commercial for a company that
needed to show a slow moving animal as a metaphor for its
competitors.  I suggested that we use snails, which the client
approved.  I called Archie to find out whether it was feasible and
legal for him to send a live Liguus from Florida for the
shoot.  Archie stepped up to the plate in a big way!  The day before
the shoot I received a FedEx parcel with not one, but a dozen live
adult Liguus fasciatus forms that he had collected for me in the
Everglades the day before.  Each snail came wrapped in a wet paper
towel and its own little travel container.  For the Liguus
aficionados around the world, Archie's passing is a major milestone
in the modern history of Liguus collecting.  If I have the
opportunity I will post some pictures from the shoot on my Facebook page.

Rich
www.worldwideconchology.com