From:
"Schweikert, Brian CONT" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2010 06:24:47 -0400
 To all and what a nice thread,

My love of the shell started with the influences from my grandfather. As
a young boy I marveled at his collection and in time, with a dogged
interest after awhile I soon began to refer to the specimens in the
scientific terminology. The originals shells of my collection were
either collected with him by my side or directly given to me from him.
He's been gone from this plane of life since 1977 but his spirit is with
me everyday. Some of you (if your old enough) may have had a contact
with him. His name was Joe Pentz, he did volunteer work and went on
several expeditions with the Museum of Natural History in Philadelphia
working with Dr. Pillsbury and Abbott. He is one of the first names on
the original charter of the Philadelphia Shell Club.

BRIAN J SCHWEIKERT
 Levittown Pa