From:
Aurantius Shells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2010 21:25:14 -0400
I 100% agree with Bill that this so-called "burryae" shell from
Martinique is not at all related to C. anabathrum and not even a
"Gradiconus"

I do believe the shell could be closely related to C. hennequini (if not
a variation of that species) which seems to be closely related to C.
beddomei from further south (=C. zigzac / C. couderti) - however, it
also shares morphological similarities with some of the more southern
specimens of C. flavescens that I have as well...

Alas, no animal to study.

Also, the furthest south I have personally collected C. anabathrum
burryae was just south of Playa del Carmen, Yucatan. I found specimens
by night snorkel among patch reef intermixed with eel grass. Specimens
where found crawling along the edges of soft sand pockets and grass
within the patch reef area at 10/12 ft.

Andre Poremski