From:
Alan Gettleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2011 21:24:50 -0500
John,

Myra Keen's Sea Shells of Tropical West America, 2nd Ed. 1971 on page 322
used the genus Ancistromesus.  Carol Skoglund's Panamaic Province Molluscan
Literature Additions and Changes 1971 through 2000 III Gastropoda (The
Festivus Vol XXXIII March 28, 202 Supplement page 7 drops the Ancistromesus
genus for Scutellastra H. & A. Adams, 1854 referencing Ridgeway, et. al.
1998. A cladistic phylogeny of the family Patellidae (Mollusca: Gastropoda).
Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London B 353:1645-1671.

Alan