From:
Dennis Sargent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2011 19:44:15 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I have been using the wax earplugs that are available from CVS Drugs and
other drug stores.
It comes off the shell very cleanly leaving no residue.
You can use as much or as little as you need for small to medium sized
shells.
I shoot many of my photos for technical articles and/or book using black
velvet as the background.
I have a couple of photo backgrounds made up with either a protruding  nail
or finish nail that I can use to elevate smaller shells from the background
I use the wax to stick them to the top of the nail.
Lighting is with umbrella reflectors and strobes, the camera is mounted on a
copystand and I shoot with the self timer to eliminate camera movement.

Best wishes,

Dennis Sargent