From:
Doug Stemke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2012 23:09:07 -0400
I have a question to ask about these two genera.  It seems that multiple
species of both genera are listed as 'Endangered' species (CITES), but are
readily available on e**y. How is it possible that these shells can be
openly sold on this web site, and yet apparently be listed as 'endangered'?
Likewise Trochus niloticus and Turbo marmoratus are listed as 'threatened'
and are also available on the site.  I'm just wondering about the legal
implications of these sales; considering how common the shells actually seem
to be I suspect the terms 'endangered' or 'threatened' may not be
biologically relevant.

Just wondering.