From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:20:16 -0400
Hi Phil, that's good. no harm with the conch-l thing.

As I mentioned in a prior email, all the SE FL shells were
self-collected by Ira Nadborne. He lives in AZ now; through a  set of
circumstances I was able to liberate his shells from a storage unit
in FL while on a work trip nearby. They hadn't seen the light  of day
in something like 35 years and were at risk of being junked by the
storage unit complex.

I don't know or cant remember  what that one label refers to,

re the Polystira, somehow I wound up bringing  back two lots of them
on that trip- some w/o and larger  were night dived by Wayne Harland
in Utila Bay, Honduras. but then there was at least one from Ira's
collection that said from Shrimp Trawlers in the FL keys, with an old
label from "westbrooks house of shells" I would have to see the shell
in question, is it possible that label means it was separated from the
other Polystria nobilis I kept here? that's possible.