From:
Harry Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 2015 20:38:18 -0500
Dear Patrice,

  A puzzler indeed. I believe this species can be
found offshore all the way N to Cape Hatteras. It
certainly can be easily found off extreme NE FL outside the 15 fathom isobath.

While it may be difficult to find authentic TX
records, offhand, I don't know of any
zoogeographic barrier, including ocean currents,
between Gulf of Campeche and TX.. However, the
lack of a free-swimming veliger may put a damper such dispersal.

Take two aspirin, and call me in the morning (I'm a doctor),
Harry