From:
Deborah Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 23:08:02 -0600
Please forgive me if this is a repeat, but Gary's article on color in
shells can be found at:
        http://coa.acnatsci.org/conchnet/rose0397.html

A response to why we hear the "ocean" in a shell can be found at:
        http://coa.acnatsci.org/conchnet/soundfaq.html

Also, macro viruses CAN be spread through some regular files such as MS
Word files (.doc).  Several went around at work awhile back.  A good
anti-virus program usually catches them IF the file is opened from
within the program.  We have been instructed to save email attachments
(such as Word or Excel files, etc.), then open the file from within the
appropriate program.  This is to make sure any possible viruses are
identified and fixed before the file opens.  I'm not sure why opening
the file from file manager or an email program will not let the
antivirus program scan the file, but supposedly it doesn't.  Just
thought you might want another perspective on this topic.

I hope everyone is well and surviving this unusual winter.

Till later,

Debbie
 <><