From:
"Debra J. Levin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 18:30:11 -0900
Hello,

My name is Debbi Levin and I recently found an article in my college alumni
magazine regarding shell fossils found in British Columbia that belong near
Baja California.  The article is titled "Real Estate on the Move? Mexican
Land is Canada's".   The article talks about some recent research conducted
by the University of Washington.  In brief, UW Paleontologist Peter Ward
reported finding extinct mollusks on two islands east of Vancover Island.
The researcher believes that the fossil shells provide clear evidence that
the region of British Columbia was once near or part of Baja California.
Peter Ward theorized that the land migrated around 75 million years ago
along an extinct fault, that is now buried and may never be found.

The article can be found in the Vistas section of the Dec 07 issue.  The
alumni/university is slowly publishing the magazine on the 'net at the
following address.  As of 1 Jan 98 the article is not posted.  The address
is "http://www.washington.edu/alumni/columns/dec97/index.html"

If you would like more on the article and can't wait for the University to
finish publishing the magazine on the 'net, please respond privately.

Have a good and prosperous New Year.

Debbi