From:
Paul Callomon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 18:40:10 +0900
> What kind of idea is that.  I have been working with Cone Snails for a
> while now, but I don't have any info on C. tinianus but I would never do a
> thing like that.  Doing that could get yourself killed.
Whenever I visit the USA, I look at labels on, for example, lawnmowers
which say things like : 'Don't put your fingers in the whirling blades' or
'Don't smoke while pouring gasoline'; then I look at Saturday Night Live
and it strikes me that both common sense and irony are dead for whole
swathes of humanity. Anyway, to free myself of any legal obligation to
cone-sting victims, please take note of the following warning :
CAUTION : My previous instructions for getting stung by a cone were a
'joke', an arcane form of humorous exercise. Do not attempt to get yourself
stung by a cone in the manner described, as the nurses will laugh so much
you'll probably snuff it before they get round to treating you.
Sheesh.