From:
Ross Mayhew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 19:19:11 -0300
        I wish to apologise for the "heavy-handed (ok- downright sarcastic!!)"
tone of my "UNCLE" message, which was un-called for.  I tend to get up
on high-horses from time to time, which can be a dangerous thing to do
(both for one's own safety, as well as the welfare of those you might
fall upon!!), and usually serves little purpose.  The nearly universal
practice of customs-evasion (which as i pointed out, is most applicable
to actual sales, rather than trades!!) in the "Shell World", is not
going to change any time soon, since the dealers who did it first would
put themselves at a DISTINCT competative disadvantage, and would
probably lose some customers and cause others to order less, to avoid
giving the government their due (other may say their "pound of flesh",
but rules are rules).  So, once again, i will say UNCLE, only this time
more politely.
-Ross.
--
Ross Mayhew:    Schooner Specimen Shells:    Http://www.schnr-specimen-shells.com